Since Facebook announced in April of 2016 that they would be adding the option to post live photos, iPhone users have widely embraced this functionality. Still, if it’s your first time trying it out and you’re not sure how to post a live photo on Facebook, read on for step-by-step instructions!
How to Post Live Photos on Facebook: A Step-by-Step Guide
A Live Photo is a type of photo that was introduced with the iPhone 6S. Currently, posting Live photos can only be done from iPhone devices, however, both Apple and Android users can view them on Facebook. A Live Photo captures a short video clip along with the still photo. To take a Live Photo, simply press and hold the shutter button while taking a photo. When you post this kind of photo to Facebook, your friends will be able to see it come to life by pressing and holding on to the screen. To post a live photo on Facebook:
- Open the Photos app and find the Live Photo you want to share.
- Tap on the Share icon in the bottom left corner.
- Tap on the Facebook icon.
- Enter a caption (optional) and tap Post.
Note: If you don't see the Facebook icon, make sure that the app is installed on your phone and that you have updated to the latest version. You can also share Live Photos to other social media sites such as Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
How to Post a Loop Photo on Facebook
Facebook loops are short, repetitive videos that play on a loop. They can be created from both new and existing live photos. To create a loop from an existing photo, simply upload it to Facebook and select the "Make loop" option. For new ones, select the "Create loop" option from the menu.
How to Post a Bounce Photo on Facebook
Taking a photo with a friend is always fun, but what's even more fun is taking a "bounce" photo. A bounce photo is a selfie where the camera is propped up on a surface and the flash is used to create the illusion of bouncing off the ground. To take a bounce photo, all you need is a camera, a friend, and a flat surface. First, find a spot where you and your friend can stand side-by-side. Next, set your camera on the surface in front of you, making sure that the flash is turned on. Finally, take the photo and enjoy your creative selfie. Do not forget to tag your friends!
Learn more: How to tag someone on Facebook
How to Post a Live Photo on a Facebook Story
In case you’re wondering how to post a live photo on Facebook, but on the story instead of the feed, we have an answer for you. One way is to take a live photo on your phone and then upload it as you would any other photo. Another way is to use the Facebook app on your computer. Open it and go to your profile. Click on "Add Photos/Video" and then select the "Live" option. You can then choose the video you want to post.
Live Photos on Facebook Not Working? Here’s What to Do
If you have already learned how to post a live photo on Facebook, but your live photos are somehow not working, you're not alone. There could be a few different reasons why that happens:
- Your phone's storage is full. When your storage is full, your phone can't process new information and you won’t be able to upload a live photo on Facebook.
- Your Live Photo is not in the correct format. Facebook only supports the MOV file format, so if your Live Photo is in a HEIC, JPG or PNG format, it won’t work.
- Your Live Photo is not within the file size limit. Facebook imposes a 30MB file size limit for photos, so if your Live Photo is too large, it won’t work.
- Your Live Photo is not within the correct dimensions limit. Facebook supports photos with a maximum width of 1,280 pixels and a maximum height of 720 pixels.
- Your phone's battery is low. A low battery will also cause your phone to start malfunctioning. If you're not sure what the problem is, try restarting your phone. This will often fix minor glitches like this one.
- You may need to update your Facebook app. To do this, go to the App Store and find the Facebook app. Once you've found it, tap "Update." If there's no update available, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. This should fix the problem.
Now that you know how to post a live photo on Facebook, all that’s left to do is find those great moments you would like to share with your friends, and hurry to capture them. Take as many photos as you can so that you can select the perfect one later but remember to delete the ones you won’t be using to free up phone space to create new memories and new live photos on Facebook!