95 Instagram Statistics for Social Media Marketing Gurus
Given the ubiquity of Instagram around us, it seems difficult to believe that this social networking service has been around for just over 8 years. Instagram statistics show that the application’s monthly active user count exceeds three times the population of the United States. These are not just users who sign up once never to visit the app again. A large number of these are engaged users, who share photos, videos and stories every day. Brands use this global platform to showcase their products, humanize their messaging and reach new prospective buyers.
Whether you are a general user, a business owner or a marketer, knowing what works in the high-stakes world of Instagram marketing is extremely important. What makes some influencers average Instagram followers in millions worldwide? How do brands, sometimes even new ones, manage to get thousands of ‘likes’ and comments for every shared piece of content? Is Instagram even the right platform to spend resources on?
To help you with these and many other questions, we have put together 69 fascinating data points related to Instagram from 2018. For easy reading, we have divided them into specific categories. Let’s begin with what makes Instagram such a force to reckon with.
Fascinating Instagram Stats & Facts (Editor’s Choice)
- 73% of US internet users aged 13 to 24 is on Instagram.
- Instagram is projected to reach 120.3M monthly active users in the US by 2020.
- 87% of the U.S. population is aware of Instagram.
- Time spent watching video on Instagram is up more than 80% year over year.
- Instagram is used to post over 55M photos and videos every day.
- 55% of young adult users log in to Instagram multiple times a day.
Instagram User Statistics
1. Instagram has been installed more than 1B times on the Google Play Store.
Instagram joined the celebrated 1B club way back in August 2016, becoming the 19th entrant into this group. If ‘19’ does not sound very impressive, here’s some additional info – there are still only 25 apps in this category (as of mid-2018), most of which are owned by Google and come pre-installed on Android phones.
2. 73% of US internet users aged 13 to 24 is on Instagram.
“How many people use Instagram?” is a question business owners often try to figure out. Well, the headline is that if youngsters in the age group 13 to 24 form your target audience, you just cannot ignore Instagram. Snapchat and Facebook are the most popular social networking services, but Instagram places a very close third. Twitter is a distant fourth in these rankings with just 40% engagement.
3. More than 95 million photos and videos are uploaded to Instagram every day.
This was in 2016. Today’s average number of uploaded photos and videos per day surely is closer to 100 hundred million images.
4. People spend almost the same amount of time on Instagram as they do on Facebook.
This is one of the more interesting facts since Facebook and Instagram have the same owner. According to the Instagram stats for 2018, people spend almost the same amount of time on Instagram and Facebook. As of June 2018, an average Instagram user spent 53 minutes a day on their Instagram app. It was only 5 minutes less in comparison with the 58 minutes they spent on the Facebook app. The best online marketing companies worldwide realize more and more young people own a mobile phone and take great advantage of these millennial Instagram marketing statistics.
5. 64% of internet users between 18 and 29 years use Instagram.
As of January 2018, 64% of young adult internet users in the US were using Instagram. This stresses, again, the importance of maintaining a strong Instagram presence if you weren’t to reach this demographic. Interestingly, the figures for other age groups are not something to scoff at, either.
6. 30% of global Instagram users are between 25 and 34 years.
If you are a youth-focused brand with global aspirations, Instagram can help you reach your target audience quite effectively. In fact, not maintaining a strong presence on the service could even cause the loss of established ground to your competition.
7. 15% of all Instagram users are women aged 18–24.
When we take a look at the Instagram marketing stats, we can see that 15% of the total number of Instagram users this year are women aged 18–24. But here’s a little statistical surprise: 17% of all Instagram users on a global scale are men in that age group. We can only imagine how Instagram demographics will change in 2019.
8. There are 25 million business profiles on Instagram.
The aforementioned 25 million business profiles are followed by 80% of all Instagram users. Hence, we can say that those business entities are exposed to about 800 million potential customers. This enormous market opens unparalleled opportunities for both business owners and customers.
9. The average cost per click (CPC) on Instagram is $2.40 per country.
The Instagram marketing statistics data regarding advertising on Instagram shows that one click on Instagram costs $2.40. In some countries this rate is higher, e.g., in the US it’s $3.56, while in Japan it’s only $1.48.
10. More than 33% of Instagram users will make a mobile purchase.
More than one-third of Instagram users have confirmed that they’ve made a purchase via a mobile phone. Some of them have probably bought things online directly via Instagram since this network has recently added an in-app payment option. Since you’re probably reading this article on Instagram marketing facts because you’re a business owner, this data can prove to be quite handy for your next Instagram campaign.
11. Almost two-thirds of US-based Instagrammers are aged 18–29.
When it comes to the use of Instagram in the US, younger generations are the predominant force on this social network. About 64% of all the users in the US are aged 18–29. Are you wondering what age groups are using Instagram? Well, the majority of Instagram users are teenagers and young adults.
12. 60% of registered Instagrammers visit the network daily.
About 60% of all registered Instagram users visit this network daily. This number is going to grow in the time ahead as the number of users increases.
13. There are 1B monthly active Instagram users.
Instagram demographics extend to well beyond the youth segment, though. In the period considered in this study, the monthly active user count for the service has risen from just 90 million to 1 billion in 5 years. That’s equal to almost the entire population of India!
14. Instagram is projected to reach 120.3M monthly active users in the US by 2020.
There are an estimated 105 million Instagram users in the US alone in 2018, and the Instagram growth statistics predict this figure will increase by 15% in the next 2 years. As is the case with other top social media platforms, this is driven not just because of content sharing among friends but also by the need to build an online reputation, find career opportunities and derive monetary benefits.
15. In 2018, Instagram had 1 billion daily active Stories users worldwide.
Instagram Stories, a feature introduced in August 2016, is one of the most popular features of the app. It’s a feature that lets users capture and post related images and videos, along with text, drawings, emoticons, filters, and stickers. The content lasts for only 24 hours and has been used widely by companies to promote their offerings while maintaining a clean main page.
16. More than one-third of grown-ups in the US use Instagram.
Teenagers, young adults, and well-off adults comprise most of all US Instagram users—which comes to 35% of adults in America.
So the answer to the question, how many Instagram users are there in the United States? is about 100 million people. It leads to the conclusion that Instagram is most popular with well-off, young professionals, as well as with younger adults, who use it for personal promotion.
17. 87% of the U.S. population is aware of Instagram.
Building awareness about service is the first step towards customer acquisition. As of February 2018, Instagram ranked at the 3rd position in terms of social awareness, marginally below Twitter and Facebook, with 87% of the entire US population, across all age groups, aware of the photo-sharing app.
18. Android Instagram users spend 55 minutes per day on Instagram.
If you have wondered how many Instagram users actually spend time on the app regularly, this is an important bit of data point for you. This figure is almost the same as for Facebook, and more than any other app. More interestingly, while Facebook has seen growth in time spent on its stall in the last few months, the figure for Instagram has kept growing.
19. Users may have up to 5 Instagram accounts.
Unlike many other popular apps, Instagram allows a single user to have up to 5 Instagram accounts that they can switch between without having to log out. If even a small percentage of the overall Instagram users are making use of this feature, the app engagement is a lot richer than what the figure on a number of downloads or users might indicate.
20. Time spent watching video on Instagram is up more than 80% year over year.
Instagram is, of course, not just a photo sharing app. Based on internal Instagram statistics, its video sharing feature has really caught on. As we all know, videos provide a better opportunity to provide memorable content and engage customers.
21. Instagram has 4.2B daily likes.
While this is another indication of the consistently high user engagement on Instagram, the incredibly enormous figure also reflects the huge size of the pie available for all businesses.
22. 870 Instagram photos are uploaded in 1 second.
There is a lot of fresh content on Instagram, which makes users keep coming back for more. But, this also means that the competition for user eyeballs is intense. A well-thought-out strategy is the only thing that will ensure that your content does not get lost in the crowd.
23. 49,380 photos were posted on Instagram every minute in June 2018.
Combining points 13 and 14, you can see that the rate of photos being posted on Instagram has kept growing at a relentless pace. And there is no reason for it to slow down anytime soon. Instagram stores are some of the most active accounts making use of this opportunity to attract customers.
24. Instagram is used to post over 55M photos and videos every day.
When scrolling through Instagram’s homepage you have surely asked yourself: “How many photos have been uploaded to Instagram?” A small, but significant, portion of this visual content is put up by savvy marketers, who have recognized the potential of Instagram in building a dedicated following. A visual stimulus is easier to recall, which ensures that this form of marketing scores over many other social media platforms.
25. More than 100M Instagrammers watch or share on Live every day.
Instagram has also found success with many of its additional features that improve user engagement. A big hit has been its Live feature, introduced in 2016. One of the main reasons why users are more comfortable with sharing Stories on Instagram Live as compared to similar features on other apps is that these videos are ephemeral – the video disappears as soon as the broadcast ends; it can’t be recorded or replayed.
26. The largest percentage of Instagram users make more than $100,000+ per year.
Of US internet users as a whole, it’s been found that when grouped by household income, those making over $100,000 are the most likely to use Instagram. In fact, 60% of the internet users in this financial range use Instagram. After that, 46% of the internet users making $80–$90K a year use Instagram, and 55% of the internet users making $70–$80K use it. The percentage of Instagram users is indeed higher in these three income ranges than all others.
27. 55% of young adult users log in to Instagram multiple times a day.
81% of young adult Instagrammers in the US visit the app daily, and 55% do it more than once every day. Even counting adults across all age groups, these figures are very high at 60% and 38%, respectively. According to this same study, Instagram user statistics make it the only one among the most popular social media apps that have shown a consistent upward trend in terms of growth of total users since 2012.
28. 14% of drivers admit checking Instagram while driving.
While not a healthy trend for road safety, this is another indication of the stickiness of the service. This figure places Instagram joint second with Twitter, surpassed only by Facebook.
29. Instagram stories have more than 400 million active daily consumers.
The fact that the time limit for each story is 15 seconds forces users to be as creative and concise as it gets. Again, this feature has numerous business benefits. You can promote your products in greater detail or present your participation at a business event. These Instagram video marketing statistics prove that today you only need a smartphone and a witty business idea to become visible to millions of people.
30. 26% of American teens say Instagram is the most important social media site.
Teenagers, the earliest adopters of new technology and the most active users of the internet, vote decidedly in Instagram’s favor. This 26% is next only to Snapchat, with platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest managing only single-digit figures.
Instagram Business Statistics
31. More than 80% of registered Instagram accounts follow a business on that social network.
Out of one billion registered users, about 800 million accounts follow at least one business entity on Instagram. If you have a business profile on this social media platform, you can use the influence of Instagram and its effect on marketing and business statistics to make your company more visible on the Web.
32. About 60% of Instagram users claim to discover new products via other profiles.
The Instagram homepage is a crossover of all the things you follow, like, or visit. This medley of different accounts is enriched with pictures of different products or Instagram ads. Under the surface of statistics on Instagram marketing, the data shows that almost two-thirds of users spot new products this way.
33. 75% of Instagram users get engaged with a company after seeing their post.
About three-fourths of Instagram users take a follow-up action after they see a post published by a business brand. This is invaluable information for entrepreneurs because it proves that every cent paid for promotions on Instagram is a wise investment.
34. About 25 million Instagram profiles are business profiles.
There were more than 25 million business profiles on Instagram in November 2017. What these Instagram business marketing statistics show is the global nature of social media in general. This is even more obvious in Instagram’s case, where marketing messages are conveyed via images, i.e., they’re easily understood everywhere.
35. The Instagram ad revenues will reach $10 billion in 2019.
The commercial potential of marketing on Instagram is going to result in further growth in ad revenues. In 2019, it will reach $10 billion, while we can expect even higher revenues in the 2020s. Adding payment options is only the threshold of the future commercial agenda that this network has.
36. More than 20% of Instagram users visit a business profile daily.
Have you ever asked yourself, how many people are on Instagram? Around 800 million people use this social media platform each month, and the number of active business profiles is about 200 million. In other words, about 20% of the total number of registered Instagrammers are potential business leads on a daily level.
37. Instagram users leave 4.2 billion likes every day.
Instagram has one of the most devoted tribes of all social media. They leave about 4.2 billion likes daily. One of the key reasons for such a high level of engagement is the fact that photos make the most of this network.
38. There are more than 2 million advertisers on Instagram.
As of September 2017, there were 2 million advertisers on Instagram. These figures show the commercial power of this social platform. Every entrepreneur should take these numbers into account and behave accordingly.
39. About 33% of marketers invest assets in Instagram ads.
The Instagram marketing stats on advertising revenues reveal that about 33% of online marketers invest assets in Instagram ads. This number doesn’t only prove the power of this social platform, but it also demonstrates that Instagram has a great reputation, both among its users and investors.
40. 96% of US fashion brands have an Instagram profile.
The fact that teenagers and young adults are the most loyal Instagram users has attracted fashion brands to this network. Out of 100 US fashion companies, 96 have an Instagram profile. This makes the fashion industry the leading business niche on this network.
41. Instagram was acquired by Facebook for $1B in 2012.
At the time, Instagram had just 30 million users and zero revenue. Interestingly, $1 billion was considered an expensive price by many analysts for a photo sharing application.
42. Instagram is estimated to be worth more than $100B.
This marks a 100x return for Facebook on its investment in just 6 years. As Instagram continues to grow within the US and beyond, its prospects only seem rosier.
Instagram Marketing Statistics
43. 90% of the top 100 global brands now use Instagram.
As far as Instagram statistics for business go, this one proves more conclusively than anything else how much the top international brands rely on Instagram to build lasting relationships with consumers across the world. As the article mentions, this is because brand engagement on Instagram is 10 times higher than on Facebook and 84 times higher than on Twitter.
44. 80% of the top 100 brands on Instagram post on a weekly basis.
But these relationships require consistent inputs from the brands. To compete, and win, against all the rich visual content available on the platform, the top brands engage with their Instagram followers regularly. However, it’s worth competing since 70% of people look up brands on Instagram.
45. 53% of users follow their favorite brand.
Instagram has emerged as the new home for companies seeking social media impact by providing the most critical return on marketing investment – user engagement. It is also shoring up its competition to other platforms by introducing new business tools to help brands with an Instagram presence.
46. 50% of businesses on Instagram produced an Instagram Story within a month.
Instagram statistics show that Stories have been embraced not just by general users but by business accounts too. Within a year of this feature’s launch, more than 50% of the businesses had begun using it as a way to get more people to spend longer periods of time with their content.
47. 80% of Instagram users voluntarily connect with a brand on the platform.
If you are a business owner, what could be a more attractive proposition than customers coming to you instead of you having to pursue them? The article cites internal Instagram stats to inform that in just one month (August-September 2017), there were 180 million user interactions with businesses on the app, where consumers tried to get more information on products or provided ideas, feedback and contact details.
48. There are 25M active business profiles on Instagram.
In a little over a year since Instagram launched the business profile feature, the number of active profiles had grown by an incredible 1600%. The 25 million figure is for November 2017, and the current number is likely to be much higher.
49. 48% of small business owners use Instagram.
Nearly half of American small businesses – those with fewer than 500 employees – have now signed up with Instagram. As more business owners realize the importance of having a social media strategy in today’s world, this number will continue to rise.
50. Only about 5% of startups and small businesses have embraced Instagram.
Many businesses continue to focus on other, relatively conventional, platforms like Facebook and Twitter. This presents a major opportunity for early movers in cornering the lucrative market.
51. Instagram is the 2nd most commonly used social media platform for marketers.
According to the 2018 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, while more than half of the marketers surveyed agreed that the organic reach of Facebook had dropped since 2017, the utility of Instagram showed a 54% gain. This saw the latter jump to the 2nd position among platforms used by marketers.
52. 80% of marketers cite visual images as the most commonly used social media content.
Instagram is increasingly finding favor with marketers because, and this comes as no surprise, there is wide agreement among them that visual images provide the best cues when sharing brand messages with customers.
53. 53% of marketers plan on increasing their Instagram ad spend.
The Instagram juggernaut is not about to slow down any time soon as more than half of the marketers surveyed also confirmed that they would be increasing their total ad spend on the platform. They are obviously getting a bigger bang for their buck on Instagram!
54. Instagram has 2M monthly active advertisers.
By September 2017, the month for which the latest figures are available, Instagram advertising stats showed a 900% increase over February 2016 in terms of monthly active advertisers. Everyone from large global brands to local politicians was jumping onto the Instagram bandwagon.
55. Instagram estimated net mobile advertising revenues are projected to reach $6.84B in 2018.
By the end of 2018, Instagram’s worldwide net mobile advertising revenues are expected to cross $6.84B, up from $1.86B in 2016. These numbers speak for themselves – marketers have seen the benefits of using this platform.
56. Instagram ad revenues will grow to $10.87B by 2019.
The exponential growth from $4.10B in 2017 is driven partly by new product updates and features and partly by Instagram’s strategic push toward newer markets, like Southeast Asia.
57. 43% of Facebook ads accounts advertise on Instagram.
Businesses are leveraging Instagram for advertising more than ever before. The share of Instagram ads placements – of all ads launched on Facebook and Instagram, the percentage that was run on the latter – reached 43% in March 2018. This shows that Instagram is steadily advancing past its competition.
58. Cost per install on Instagram ads is $2.23.
CPI is one metric used by mobile applications to check the efficacy of their advertising spends. This does not apply to all kinds of marketers, but gives a reasonable idea of the value provided by the platform being advertised on. Instagram still lags behind Facebook (CPI = $1.80) here, but scores over Twitter and other popular social media platforms.
Instagram Popularity Statistics
59. Macro influencers are Instagram accounts that have more than 100K followers.
Marketers can make use of both macro and micro influencers on Instagram, depending on their target audience. Macro influencers have a vast reach and are ideal for reaching a broad and diverse customer base.
60. Women get five times more likes than men, on average.
Women are more popular on Instagram than men. The data provided by Hopper indicate that men on average receive five times fewer likes than women. This is due to the photo-based nature of Instagram, where female users are more likely to be liked.
Closely related to that, Instagram usage statistics indicate that most business brands promoting themselves on Instagram are fashion ones.
61. Micro influencers are Instagram accounts with less than 100K followers.
Micro influencers, on the other hand, are extremely valuable if you are targeting a niche-specific audience. Identifying such influencers can take time, but can reap significant returns because of the trust they have built among their followers.
62. Instagram influencers are charging up to $100K for a sponsored post.
The fee charged by the influencer, of course, is an important factor when deciding on your marketing strategy. The fee range can be considerably wide depending on criteria like an average number of Instagram followers and personal effort put into a campaign.
63. Instagram followers stats: As of January 2019, Christiano Ronaldo is the most-followed person on Instagram with more than 152.7M followers.
Expectedly, the leaders in this list are all popular among young adults. Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, The Rock, and Kim Kardashian complete the list of five most followed Instagram accounts.
64. Fitness influencer, Michelle Lewin, has 13M Instagram followers.
She started off as a clinic worker in Venezuela but is one of the biggest stars in the fitness industry today. Her short videos on Instagram have motivated many to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
65. The top 3 brands on Instagram are National Geographic, Nike and Victoria’s Secret.
Interestingly, as per Instagram stats, the next two in this list are Spanish soccer clubs Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. NASA is at the 8th position.
66. Pizza is the most Instagrammed food globally, followed by Sushi.
Why pizza, you ask? Because it is affordable (and hence popular among young consumers) and shareable; no one gets tired of it; and it’s available across the world, often with local, unique toppings.
67. The most popular hashtags on Instagram are #love, #instagood, #photooftheday, #tbt, and #cute.
Instagram might not have invented hashtags, but it sure has made their use more popular than ever. Hashtags serve a very important purpose by helping your posts get discovered by users.
68. The most popular hashtags for marketing are: #social #branding #socialmedia #success #sales #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #marketing #branding #tech #business #contestalert #sweepstakes #giveaway #discount #travel #deal #smallbiz.
Using a hashtag that is unique to your business among the set you apply for your post is also a smart idea. Research helps.
Instagram Post Statistics
69. Top countries by Instagram use are USA (15.36%), Russia (8.16%) and Brazil (6.37%).
Instagram is a truly global platform, with USA’s share in the worldwide traffic gradually falling, even as the number of active American users rises.
70. Instagram is available in more than 35 languages.
This includes native support for languages like Hebrew, Arabic, and Farsi that are written right-to-left. The aim has been to make Instagram as diverse and inclusive as possible, reflected in its 60 million-plus active users in the MENA region.
71. Thursday is the best day to post on Instagram.
Trends like these help businesses devise their Instagram strategy more effectively. Sunday is the least engaging day for Instagram. These trends can differ between business sectors, and a good way to find what works for you is to use an Instagram statistics app.
72. The best time to post on Instagram is 8-9 am.
This is the period when a large number of users are on their morning commute and spend the time to check on their Instagram accounts.
73. America’s favorite Instagram filter is Clarendon.
This is followed by Gingham, Juno, Lark, and Valencia. Choosing the right filter has a direct bearing on the attention your Instagram post receives.
74. There are 114K banned Instagram hashtags.
Using these permanently or temporarily banned hashtags can result in your Instagram account being blocked or penalized. These can include completely innocuous words like #desk and #tgif.
75. 7 out of 10 hashtags on Instagram are branded.
Hashtags have emerged as one of the driving forces behind the best marketing campaigns. If used smartly, hashtags can ensure that your brand receives the right kind of user engagement.
76. The optimal number of Instagram hashtags is nine.
Although you can place up to 30 hashtags under each post you make, photos and posts that have dozens of hashtags result in a lower engagement rate. It’s better to limit the number of hashtags for the sake of relevance. Recent Instagram hashtag statistics indicate that the optimal number of Instagram hashtags is nine per post.
Instagram Engagement Statistics
77. Instagram comments make up only 1.9% of all engagements.
Engagement is the most important metric to determine the influence on Instagram. These are made up of likes and comments, and the former outnumber the latter by a huge margin.
78. The average engagement rate on Instagram is 2.2%.
You can calculate this number if you divide the number of likes and comments you get per one post with the number of followers you have, and then multiply it with 100. For instance, the average Instagram engagement rate among the most popular influencers in 2017 was 2.2%.
79. Instagram video posts have a 38% higher engagement rate than image posts.
However, the median engagement rate for all post types is roughly the same. This means that the high average engagement rates for video posts is possibly inflated by a small number of extremely popular videos.
80. Instagram video posts receive 2.1x more comments than image posts on average.
While average likes for all types of posts are roughly the same, videos do inspire more users to leave a comment – in fact, more than twice as many – than image posts do.
81. Instagram posts with at least one hashtag have 12.6% more engagement.
Instagram’s algorithm considers the hashtags on your posts to show them up first on hashtag search, in the Explore tab or on the main feed of your followers. Thus, it is important to figure out the right words to be used as hashtags for your posts.
82. 91% of top brands use seven or fewer hashtags.
This does not mean that this rule will work for everyone. Some businesses prefer as many as 20 hashtags. The best way to arrive at a number is to test your hashtags using an Instagram statistics app.
83. The most popular Instagram hashtag is #love.
Learning more about the current Instagram marketing statistics related to the power of hashtags shows that #love has been the most popular hashtag in 2018 so far. More than 1.38 billion posts contain this tag. The runner-up in this hashtag race is #photooftheday, with 536 million posts. The point is that business users should go for top hashtags as much as possible.
84. Use of emojis can lead to 47.7% more interactions on Instagram.
While businesses should use emojis to express feelings and give a more personal touch to their content, they also need to be careful to not overuse them. Not all emojis perform equally well either.
85. 56.5% of Instagram accounts use emojis.
The study did find that the growth in emoji usage has slowed down from the previous year. Businesses use emojis almost as often with photos as they do with videos. The most commonly used emoji is the “camera with flash” icon.
86. Images with faces generate more likes.
Posting a photo with your face on it guarantees that you’re going to collect a higher number of likes. As a result, you’ll reach a larger number of people and improve your business potential. When compared with the Instagram marketing data on hashtags and engagement rate, the conclusion is you need to promote your face and pair it with smartly distributed hashtags.
Instagram Account Statistics
87. When Instagram introduced videos, 5M videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours.
This flurry of videos was helped by the timing of this new feature – it coincided with the NBA Championship title match between Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs in June 2013. At the time, this was seen as a measure by Facebook to check the popularity of Vine.
88. Carousel Ads give brands the power to post up to 10 photos or videos as a single swipeable, dynamic post on Instagram.
Carousel Ads were first launched in 2015 and Instagram stats soon proved the wide popularity of this feature with businesses. This led to the feature being introduced as a post format in 2017 and helped lure in more content to satisfy the voracious users of the app.
89. Sponsored photos in Stories are visible for 5 seconds, while sponsored videos can be played for a maximum of 15 seconds on Instagram.
Businesses are only beginning to formulate marketing strategies specific to this feature, creating a tremendous opportunity for everyone. For instance, Instagram Stories stats show that 15-25% of the viewers swipe up to follow a link and engage directly with a brand’s website
90. Instagram video can be 3 to 60 seconds long.
This offers users, including businesses, a wide playing field to design content. Instagram also introduced an Album feature in 2017, which allows up to 10 minutes of video to be shared in one post.
91. Instagram limits the number of people any user can follow to 7.5K.
This limit was introduced to reduce spam but has proved unpopular because, while it hasn’t had a noticeable effect on spam, it has kept new users from following as many people as they would like to.
92. Instagram statistics have shown that users miss, on average, 70% of their feeds.
In 2016, this statistic made the app do away with a chronological feed and introduce a system that showed you the “moments you care about first.” Chronological feed has been reintroduced from 2018.
93. Instagram can shadowban users.
94. Details of more than 1,000 accounts of high-profile stars and celebrities were leaked on the dark web because of a bug in the Instagram security system in August 2017.
Hackers claimed that they had information on 6 million users. The incident proved the need to be ever-vigilant about security and exercise caution against any suspicious activity, like unrecognized calls, texts, and emails. Notably, Instagram account statistics show that this did not affect the rate of new users signing up with the app negatively.
95. When Instagram released IGTV, it opened the platform to any Instagram user on June 20, 2018.
Like Snapchat and Facebook before it, Instagram has also entered the longer-form streaming market with IGTV. Unlike its competing platforms, though, IGTV has been made open to all users and not just select partners. This has led to a wide variety of video content being shared, bringing the app into direct competition with YouTube.
Leading the SMM Industry by Example
Instagram marketing statistics demonstrate the many different habits and preferences that the users of this network have. What’s certain is they all like posting photos and following other people who do the same. In the years to come, Instagram will most likely continue to grow. It’s a great chance for both ordinary users and business ventures to yield social and monetary benefits from this social platform.